16th ASEAN FOOD CONFERENCE 2019
“Outlook and Opportunities of Food Technology
and Culinary for Tourism Industry”
15th – 18th October 2019, Bali – Indonesia
Pre-conference Workshop ASEAN Food Conference will be held on October 15, 2019.
Food Engineering and Industrial Challenges:
- Prof. Dr. Purwiyatno Hariyadi (IPB University, Indonesia): Transformation of food engineering researches for safer, more nutritious and sustainable foods.
- Ir. Mukhlis Bahrainy (CEO Pachira Group, Indonesia): Towards food industries 4.0: Challenges and Opportunities.
Food Microbiology and Related Applications:
- Prof. Dr. Lilis Nuraida (IPB University, Indonesia): Probiotics, prebiotics and synbiotics: Gut health and emerging opportunities.
- Dr. Hans Marvin (RIKILT Wageningen Research, The Netherlands): Emerging predictive models and the use of big data for food safety and food fraud.
Food Analysis, Authenticity, and Halal:
- Prof. Dr. Dedi Fardiaz (IPB University, Indonesia): Halal food analysis and authenticity.
- Prof. Dr. Irwandi Jaswir (International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia): Rapid method for detection of non-halal substances in food.
Food Biochemistry and Nutrition:
- Prof. Dr. Rindit Pambayun (Sriwijaya University, Indonesia):Food Nutrition and Population Health.
- Prof. Dr. Chin-Kun Wang (Chung Shan Medical University, Taiwan and Past President of International Society for Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods-ISNFF): Process development of functional foods.
AFC Food Quiz Bowl
The Food Quiz Bowl (FQB) is a question and answer competition of knowledge and quick recall. The question will cover topics in the field of Food Science and Technology. This competition is to recognize and support the intellectual achievement of undergraduate students and to promote the value of teamwork in their group participation.
Best Product Competition
The Best Product Award (BPA) is the conference’s platform for each of the participating countries to show case native product innovation. Established in 2000, the AFC convenes annually and unites the ASEAN member countries with the same purpose guide consumers to the best food and best products in the market and reward manufactures for quality and innovation. It also aims to increase product trial, awareness, distribution and sales.
Graduate Student Research Paper Competition Guideline
The Graduate Student Research Paper Competition (GSRPC) facilitates graduate students in ASEAN countries to present their research work and demonstrate superior presentation skills.