16th ASEAN FOOD CONFERENCE 2019
“Outlook and Opportunities of Food Technology
and Culinary for Tourism Industry”
15th – 18th October 2019, Bali – Indonesia
- Open for registration: 31st January, 2019
- Abstract submission will be closed: 30th June, 2019
- Submit Full Paper: Before 2nd September, 2019
- Online Payment & payment due date for early rate: Before 31st July, 2019
- Online Payment & payment for normal rate:1st August – 1st October, 2019
- Conference Day: 15th – 18th October, 2019
The technical session is divided into 7 sub-themes/topics:
Food Microbiology and Fermentation
Health and Nutrition
Food Engineering and Packaging
Food Safety, Culinary, and Halal Foods
Food Management, Distribution, and Regulation.
- Dr. Mary Schmidl, (President of IUFoST): Trends in Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods
- Dr. Kenji Sato (Kyoto University): Marine Product: Current and Health Trends in Japan
- Dr. Made S. Utama (UCDP, Udayana University): Food Tradition, Tourism and Biodiversity
- Dr Aman Wirakartakusumah (President Elect of International Academy of Food Science and Technology, IUFoST): Global Food Sssues Towards 2045
- Dr. Zhou Weibiao (NUS, Singapore): Reinventing Food Engineering to Achieve Global Food Security
- Dr. Koh Yew Ming (MIFT, Malaysia): The Importance of Food Analysis and Food Traceability
SELAMAT Plenary Session:
- Dr. Hans Marvin: (RIKILT Wageningen University and Research, Netherlands: Big Data in Relation to Food Safety and Food Security)
- Dr. Teresa Crespo (iBET – Instituto de Biologia Experimental e Tecnológica, Portugal): Water Dangers and Food Safety: Mermaids, Sharks, Microorganisms and Viruses
- Prof. Rijkelt Beumer (RIKLT Wageningen University and Research, Institute of Food Safety, Netherlands): Culinary Safety: Trends and Challenges
AFC Food Quiz Bowl
The Food Quiz Bowl (FQB) is a question and answer competition of knowledge and quick recall. The question will cover topics in the field of Food Science and Technology. This competition is to recognize and support the intellectual achievement of undergraduate students and to promote the value of teamwork in their group participation.
Best Product Competition
The Best Product Award (BPA) is the conference’s platform for each of the participating countries to show case native product innovation. Established in 2000, the AFC convenes annually and unites the ASEAN member countries with the same purpose guide consumers to the best food and best products in the market and reward manufactures for quality and innovation. It also aims to increase product trial, awareness, distribution and sales.
Graduate Student Research Paper Competition Guideline
The Graduate Student Research Paper Competition (GSRPC) facilitates graduate students in ASEAN countries to present their research work and demonstrate superior presentation skills.